The Best Non ChexSystems Banks. Guaranteed Approval.
If you were recently denied a bank account, the bank may have told you it was based on a negative ChexSystems report. And since a huge portion of banks and credit unions use ChexSystems, it’s not like you can walk across the street and open a checking account at another bank.
Unfortunately, being on that list lasts for five years and can make opening a simple checking account a nightmare.
Luckily, there are banks that do not use ChexSystems. These Non-ChexSystems Banks offer you a way back into banking and they offer all the services you need and deserve with acceptance rates that are surprisingly high.
We’ve helped thousands of people just like you open non-ChexSystems bank accounts. We’ve selected the best accounts based on acceptance rates, checking account features and benefits, and the accounts with the lowest fees. Best of all, you can open an account TODAY.
Winner: Best Non-ChexSystems Bank
BBVA Online Checking is our favorite non ChexSystems bank account. They have the strongest offering of any of our recommendations. No hidden fees, no monthly minimums, and no monthly service charges. It’s easy to get approved and takes about 3 minutes. Plus, their smartphone app and online tools are the best we’ve reviewed. BBVA does not use ChexSystems but instead utilizes EWS to screen new applicants.
Why do we recommend BBVA Online Checking so highly? If you’ve got poor credit or find yourself on ChexSystems, BBVA will approve you for an account.
- NO monthly service charge
- NO monthly account balance minimums
- NO fees at over 64,000 Allpoint® and BBVA ATMs worldwide
- FREE online banking, bill pay, and mobile deposits
- FREE unlimited check writing
- FREE Visa® debit card
- Open with as little as $25
Runners Up: Best Non-ChexSystems Banks
Chime Bank is a fast-growing internet-only bank. Unlike big banks, Chime was created during the smartphone era and, therefore, features an app that is more than just a way for customers to review their bank accounts.
And, best of all, Chime Bank accepts all customers who apply. Even if you have bad or poor credit or have been blacklisted by ChexSystems or credit bureaus. It’s one of the only guaranteed checking accounts we’ve ever reviewed and is available in all 50 states.
- FREE Visa® debit card
- NO monthly fees or service charges
- NO monthly minimums
- FREE online banking and mobile banking/deposits
- NO fees at over 38,000 MoneyPass® and Visa Plus Alliance ATMs worldwide
- SAVINGS: You can round up every purchase to the nearest dollar and automatically deposit that difference into your savings account.
The Peoples Cash Solutions Second Chance Checking Account might be the answer for you. Peoples Bank will open an FDIC insured no ChexSystems bank account for you even if you have bad credit or have been reported to ChexSystems or TeleCheck in the past (except where fraudulent activity has been reported). Available in all 50 states.
- Debit MasterCard®
- Personal checkbook
- Online bill pay
- Online banking
- Online money transfers
- Monthly maintenance fee of $4.95
- $30.00 minimum deposit
The Radius Bank Essential Checking account is a FDIC-insured checking account designed to help you manage your money with powerful technology and limited fees. Available to residents in all 50 states.
- Free MasterCard® debit card
- Free mobile banking with check deposit
- Free online banking with bill pay
- $10 minimum deposit to open account
- Monthly service charge of $9.00
- No minimum balance
- Ability to upgrade account after 12 months of responsible banking
Wells Fargo recently changed the Opportunity Checking account to Clear Access Banking. And we like one change, in particular. Wells Fargo has done away with overdraft and non-sufficient funds (NSF) fees. Clear Access Banking is a debit card-only account (no paper checks available) and if you attempt to purchase something without sufficient funds, the transaction will be denied. That’s a lot better than having the transaction approved and then discovering you’ve been hit with a $35 overdraft fee.
There is a $5 monthly fee, but that is be waived for account holders 24 years old and younger. This account is available to residents in all 50 states.
- The largest number of branches in the U.S.
- Minimum deposit of $25 to open an account
- Online bill pay and smartphone app
- Mobile check deposit
- Includes a Visa debit card
- Send and receive money through Zelle
- Additional features include account alerts, 24/7 fraud monitoring, and zero liability protection for your debit card
The Best Second Chance Banks by State
We’ve surveyed banks and credit unions throughout the country to find local, regional, or national financial institutions that offer “Second Chance Bank Accounts” or what some banks call Fresh Start Checking, Opportunity Checking, or New Start Checking.
Most of these institutions use ChexSystems or EWS, but are willing to look at opening these kinds of accounts on a case-by-case basis. Many times, they require a personal visit to a branch and may offer accounts that come with monthly fees or minimum balance requirements. While not as easy and as the BBVA Online Checking account, they do offer you an alternative.